[time-nuts] GPS locked 60Hz?

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sat Jul 27 16:10:43 EDT 2013

But wouldn't it be easier to set phase if they had a known, good frequency?  Oh.  Frequency isn't the issue, is it?  If you have to supply to the west coast for a few hours and then plug into the east coast to purchase power, you might have to do a large phase shift between the two.  And after some arbitrary timeframe doing still more bouncing around you could be off in frequency as measured locally in the long term.

This idea just hit me because the Tymeter uses a synchronous clock drive.  And giving it some thought, I guess it's not that big a deal if you start with a cheap UPS and a good clock.

Bob