[time-nuts] GPS Spoofing

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 31 08:10:49 EDT 2013

On 28/07/13 19:16, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> If we are now down to a truck sized / house sized area, I'd claim that Loran-C is dead simple to jam. That's what the truck stop gizmos are aimed at.

There where truck-sized spare transmitters to be utilized in failure/war
as I recall it.

The main reason LORAN-C was "hard" to jam wide-area, was that it would
require a large antenna for good transmission properties, and that would
be easy to detect and take out. DFing would also be possible, as such
work has already been done in LORAN-C (recall the search of the false
transmitter of the coast of Texas).

For smaller area, you can use a smaller antenna with worse performance
but still achieve the goal.

Cheers,
Magnus