[time-nuts] Traceability after loss of LORAN and WWVB

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 19:10:55 EDT 2013

In the case the lab in question was accredited and we went through the audits of process and procedure and go through them to this day and we have the nice certs on the wall.

When LORAN went away we then had to use very expensive processes to MAINTAIN that traceability and accreditation which LORAN provided very inexpensively for many years.

And it would be really nice to be able to replicate the low cost of LORAN based legal metrology that with what we have today which is GPS

We have a few GPSDO's but they are not connected as currently worthless for legal metrology we have a couple of 5071's which get shipped under power to another lab for legal traceability

It was a lot easier and cheaper back when a couple of SRS LORAN units and our record keeping and a annual process audit was all that was required to maintain legal traceability

Sent from my iPhone