[time-nuts] Connector For Trimble/Nortel GPSTM (NTGS50AA) ?

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Mon Jun 3 11:47:09 EDT 2013

On 6/3/2013 7:57 AM, Frederick Bray wrote:
> So, I gather that most folks are just connecting power to the
> appropriate 2 pins on the 110 position connector.  I wasn't sure
> whether people were wiring directly to the DC converter.

Neither, in my case; I've connected to the fat PC traces that lead from
the connector to the filtering and protection components. Others I'm
sure will have done similarly.

Incidentally, I have also taken a +12V feed to the distribution amp
directly from the board, I reckoned it could spare the 40 mA or so that
needs once the Oven warmed up.

And another thing: I have two Thunderbolts here, one regular and and the
other mated to an -hp- E1938 oven, and according to LH the Nortel
outperforms them both.

Dan