[time-nuts] Connector For Trimble/Nortel GPSTM (NTGS50AA) ?

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Mon Jun 3 13:12:33 EDT 2013

Hi,

I also connected it directly, the weird 110 pin connector probably costs
more than I paid for the NTGS50AA.  If in the future I want to use any
signal present in the connector it can be done using small individual
pins.  Now the question, has somebody successfully used the internal
serial port (the one that goes to CM, the cell tower equipment)? It
could be a weird mean of turning the yellow "Comm fault" led off and the
green "In service" one if conveniently used with a PIC or equivalent
microcontroler. According to the available documentation they speak SCPI
(the same as used in the GPIB, I think) over an EIA-485 physical layer,
but no mention is made of the commands used, the only thing that is
clear is that indicates no communications with the CM in the last 60
seconds.  Just sending anything that triggers a response could be enough.

Regards,
Ignacio EB4APL