[time-nuts] Ovenaire OSC 49-61C

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed Jun 12 10:48:26 EDT 2013

Anybody have service, schematics or experience for one of these OCXO?
They are commonly seen in early HP 8566A spectrum analysers.

It is out of adjustable range.
Fortunately I had a spare OSC 49-61C floating about and replaced this off frequency reference with it.
However the replacement tends to wander about a fair bit.

By removing the 4 bottom screws and the 2 top screws, applying a little heat with a heat gun around the bottom to melt the glue, the oven came apart with little protest.
I was able to carefully access the top 2 boards and there is no sign of component failure there so it maybe something inside the oven itself.

I have stopped here until I get further information.

-marki