[time-nuts] Neat little cesium box

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Jun 13 13:59:01 EDT 2013

> Am looking at a small cesium standard for a proposed client project:

Greg,

That URL confuses "atom" with performance. Calling something "cesium" in no way conveys the actual accuracy or stability of the device actually being offered for sale. A CSAC is not a 5071A is not a cesium fountain is not a GPSDO. That's why we use statistics (ADEV) instead of the periodic table.

In recent years small, compact, low-voltage, low-power TCXO, OCXO, rubidium, and cesium oscillators allow companies sell products called "quartz", "rubidium", and "cesium" with no regard to actual time or frequency or noise specifications and performance plots. Even snake oil has an ADEV.

Contact me *off-line* about your client and your actual requirements.

/tvb