[time-nuts] No physical support style construction...

Burt I. Weiner biwa at att.net
Thu Jun 13 14:23:28 EDT 2013

When I was in Jr. High School I built a CW transmitter using a 6AG7
crystal controlled oscillator and an 807 for the final.  The
interesting part was that I did not use a chassis.  I simple
connected all the parts together, power supply and all, in sort of a
heap on my work bench.  (I'm sure it would've kept transmitting
somewhere had I pulled the crystal out of it's socket.)  It worked
and I made several contacts.  AND I saved money by not buying a
chassis.  Sometimes I wonder how I've managed to live long enough to
become this ancient.

Burt, K6OQK

>Behalf Of paul swed
>
>Joe
>Thats really a silly statement. The issue is this, we tech types put things
>in rows and columns. But true artists use dead bug style with lots of wire
>and parts flying everyplace.
>Put the whole glob in a picture frame and you have a seriously worthy piece
>of art. How could your wife complain? Plus you get time out of it. Its all
>about how you sell it.
>Regards
>Paul

Burt I. Weiner Associates