[time-nuts] New to list and GPSDO questions

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Jun 13 14:41:20 EDT 2013

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> Hello to the list.  I saw on K3PGP's site a mention that
> the UT-41 GPS receiver had a 10KHz signal on-board so I decided, why not
> build a GPSDO for my "new" HP 5334B?  Unfortunately the one I bought doesn't
> have a 10KHz point, and the board doesn't even pull out the 1PPS signal from
> the chip.  So I've had to switch gears and will go with VE2ZAZ's board.

Please be aware that VE2ZAZ's design uses a frequency locked loop and not
a phase locked loop. Thus you end up with a slight frequency error
(instead of a slight phase error).

				Attila Kinali

--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.