[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the spectracom 8170 the schematic is to large

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:35:19 EDT 2013

Thanks for the pix and to the comments.
Chris you can indeed hack the 8170 insides. On the 8170 its intended to be
a time receiver. So Spectracom simply re-used what they had already
developed for the other phase tracking receivers. Good business. But it
does not at all work as suggested. You have to introduce the carrier and
such so that both agc will work correctly. (Even though its fixed) and lock
comes on. Absolutely what I would do for a one off. However some folks
would prefer not to go into the operating room. Sounds like you are on your
way to a private hack. Let us all know how it turns out. It will work.
Regards
Paul.
WB8TSL

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com