[time-nuts] WWVB remodulator for the Spectracom 8170...

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 17 17:08:08 EDT 2013

Burt wrote:

>In a sense you could say that Paul's circuit does get the WWVB
>signal to the receiver - it's just a new phase stable version of the
>signal signal.  This way I don't have to mess with the insides of the 8170.

Note that the 1 MHz TTL signal on the rear panel of the 8170 will not
be phase locked to the WWVB carrier -- it will be phase-locked to the
60 kHz carrier supplied by the re-modulator's crystal oscillator.

One might try to injection-lock the re-modulator's crystal oscillator
to the WWVB carrier, but presumably the PSK would work against you here.

Best regards,

Charles