[time-nuts] Some videos from the recent Symmetricom 3120A webinar

John Miles john at miles.io
Thu Jun 27 00:13:24 EDT 2013

Here are some short demo videos that we used in our webinar recently
(http://www.symmetricom.com/resources/downloads/webcasts/#Government%20Solut
ions ).  They're focused on the Symmetricom 3120A test set (née TimePod
5330A) but they illustrate some basic stability/noise measurement concepts
that apply to other instruments as well.  They're worth checking out if you
use TimeLab, even with a counter, since the software is almost the same.

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6u83nmc70qpy8t/Evaluate_compare_and_calibrate_fre
quency_standards.mpeg

(viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgTVs4jqV6U )

Time: 4'30"

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/psmpfeni8v1h5ku/Characterize_noise_and_jitter_of_O
CXO.mpeg

(viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PG9KNcmRPk )

Time: 5'49"

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s87ubu8q95etgs7/Observe_holdover_and_recovery_of_G
PSDO.mpeg

(viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh8WOUVU46k )

Time: 3'49"

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f95r12b5hbpxhvz/Measure_residual_noise_of_10_MHz_a
mplifier.mpeg

(viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6Iq9M73Tcw )

Time: 5'05"

Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/po2ugf028p0dwef/Assess_mechanical_phase_stability.
mpeg

(viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvgSqhZb5iM )

Time: 4'07"

(Disclaimers: I'm no longer selling these units myself, but I'm working with
Symmetricom on both marketing and development.  No animals were harmed in
the making of these videos, although some valence electrons were temporarily
inconvenienced.)

-- john

Miles Design LLC