[time-nuts] +12 Volts 1A (plus a bit) supply?

KD0GLS kd0gls at mninter.net
Thu Jun 27 15:09:43 EDT 2013

I've had good luck with the Power Trends (now Texas Instruments) PT51xx series, but unfortunately they are at end-of-life.  The PT5102 is a 12-volt 1-amp three-terminal switching regulator.

http://www.ti.com/product/pt5102

The PT5101 was the 5-volt version.  I think there is (or used to be) a 3-amp series as well, but I don't recall the part number.  Maybe with a little digging on the TI website you can find a suitable replacement that will meet your needs.  Last time I browsed through the Digi-Key catalog (back when they still printed one) there were many such power modules available.

.73,
Brent, KD0GLS, Minneapolis