[time-nuts] +12 Volts 1A (plus a bit) supply?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jun 27 20:27:36 EDT 2013

Hi

The OCXO in the TBolt has a linear controller. It drops back to about 150 to 250 ma on the +12 line after warmup. It's been at least 40 years since I saw an on/off oven control in production ….

Remember that the +12 feeds the oscillator circuit. The more crud on the 12 volts, the worse the phase noise of the output. A linear regulator is a good idea.

Bob