[time-nuts] PTS 3200 remote programming

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Mar 1 21:16:34 EST 2013

If you have a pdf manual, you probably have the same one I have. When I
was looking today, I did see that the input pin numbers listed in the
table, where it describes the programming (p 29 in the one I have or p32
of the pdf), does not match SCHEMATIC, PE-1121 (figure 7 or p44 of the
pdf). I think the schematic is not really for the 3200 as it doesn't
seem to show any inputs for the two GHz bits.

On 3/1/2013 4:37 PM, Iban Cardona wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> thanks for answer. Yes I have the manual, but the latches on my pts
> not are as are showed in the user manual. Maybe my unit it is a
> different version or release, or have some customozation from the pts
> guys.
>
> In myunit, I tested the SO-2005 module that is that generates the
> 100Mhz decade, and I tested manually the 4bit to generate the 800Mhz
> and works well.
>
> My unit dont have front panel, only can be controllated remotelly.
>
> The differences from the user manual, is that un the user manual the
> 1ghz and 100mhz decade shares latch, and in my unit the shares latch
> the 100mhz with the 10mhz. The 1ghz latch is shared by the 1hz decade.
>
> Best regards
>
> 73! Iban
> eb3frn
>

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Alan Melia<alan.melia at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>> Hi Iban do you have a manual? they are available. From memory because its a
>> while since I worked on my Wavetek- Rockland unit I believe the remote
>> programming is in parallel with the front panel switches. The reason for
>> raising this is that there may be a problem on the back of the panel
>> switches.....mabe a wire off. Does the 800Mhz front panel switch setting
>> work correctly ??
>>
>> Alan
>> G3NYK
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Iban Cardona"<icardona at gmail.com>