[time-nuts] Lady Heather numbers

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 01:30:10 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Peter Gottlieb <nerd at verizon.net> wrote:
> The antenna has a pretty clear sky view right now.  I have about 75 feet of
> cable, 25 feet that came attached permanently to the antenna, might be
> RG-59, and a 50 foot extension which is a new piece of good quality RG-6
> CATV cable.
>
> Perhaps the antenna (came with the tbolt in the ebay deal) is not that good
> and I should get something better before taking the effort to get it up in
> its permanent location?

YES.  Especially you need to solve the cable problem.  A better
antenna will have a connector so you can have one continuos run of
cable all the same type.  also the timing antenna will mount to a 1"
pipe and you can make the connection inside the pipe.  With a 75 foot
run you need to start thinking more seriously about cable.

No, I don't think your antenna has a very good view of the sky.  the
plot says the overhead view is good but the horizon is blocked.   The
"good view" means that from the antenna's location you can see the
horizon all the way around 360 degrees (except directly North, that
does not matter.)   You need to place the antenna high enough to se
over thatblockage you have to the So.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California