[time-nuts] GPS Antenna Install

Martin A Flynn maflynn at theflynn.org
Sat Mar 16 13:37:00 EDT 2013

On 3/10/2013 11:18 AM, Martin A Flynn wrote:
> Sorry about the blank messages - not sure why I could not reply to my
> own message...
>
> In any case,  thanks to the help from  kind folks on the list, the
> TS-2100L in in the rack at the N2MO amateur radio station at InfoAge.
>
> The N2MO team spent yesterday doing the prep work to mount a 27dB
> antenna on the gable end of the building, using 1/2 heliax for feed
> line, with a Polyphaser  DGXZ + 06NFNF installed in the line before it
> enters the building.
>
> The antenna mount pipe and the Polyphaser are grounded via #2 copper
> cable that will be exothermic welded to the ground rod.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Martin Flynn
>
> PS - Now that the precision time bug has bitten, the team, is
> considering a Rubidium standard!

Precision time novice needing help !   We have chance to upgrade
(replace) our existing TS-2100-L with a TS2100-GPS system with the
rubidium option.

What questions should we be asking the seller?
*    Is there a method to determine the lamp hours from the console?
*    Software vintage that corrects the 1PPS issue (or is it relevant)?

While InfoAge is a huge site, it is not a huge budget!

Martin