[time-nuts] Repair of PRS10 Lamp Assembly

"Dr. Götz Romahn" goetz at g-romahn.de
Sun Mar 17 05:22:35 EDT 2013

dear all,
beeing a silent reader of this list for a while, I now ask my first
question.
I have obtained a PRS10 that was declared faulty and it is. The problem
I located in lamp assy.
Lamp ignites only after warming up and pushing by a voltage kick from
abt. 24V to abt 28V on the -24_heat line for some seconds. PRS10 gets
locked there after and rbmon shows a seemingly healthy unit (see
attachment). But... within some 15 to 45 minutes later light from lamp
degrades as seen through "LAMP VIEW" hole in top board as well as AD9
Photocell I/V going down from 1.68 after ignition to 0.158 and lock is
lost of course. Since all heating and voltage diagnostics do stay within
accepted limits I suspect some problem within lamp enclosure (see
attachment). Your help for further diagnosis and any hints for obtaining
spare parts would be appreciated very much.
Cheers Goetz