[time-nuts] TIE measurement for arbitrary frequency oscillator

John Doering johndoering57 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 18:08:37 EDT 2013

Bob,

I am a grad student working part time for a frequency generator
distributor. For the most part, it's just buy/resell so we don't do
production sized testing, rather specific tests when it's too expensive to
outsource or we already have the necessary setup. However, we've had quite
a few requests for TDEV & MTIE analysis, so we started looking into ways to
do it in house for the future. I've been seeing a wealth of information on
these boards, figured it was worth a shot to ask.

It's not a garage operation budget, but the size of the company doesn't
permit for more expensive pieces of equipment either (like the symmetricoms
that run for 25-30k)

I do most of the instrument and test application programming. For stability
processing, we use stable32.

John