[time-nuts] Win XP and NIST time

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 13:24:29 EDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM, David J Taylor
<david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm surprised by how many "time-nuts" are not using the reference NTP port
> for Windows, considering the many advantages it has over the simple (non
> conformant and non-manageable) client built into Windows).

I was about to write the same thing.  I'd expect the avaerance Windows
user not to care but some one on a "timeNUTS" list, you'd think would
be more demanding and be looking at microseconds (even if a 10 second
error is "good enough")

I think you can get Windows to run at the "few milliseconds" of error
range with the standard NTP distribution.

Again, not that many people need this but that is not the point if you
are on this list.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California