[time-nuts] Win XP and NIST time

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Tue Mar 26 14:39:51 EDT 2013

On 3/26/2013 7:21 PM, Dan Kemppainen wrote:

> Keep in mind, we are after all, taking about windows. An operating
> system that IS NOT real time operating system. (You think it is, try
> move a continuous stream of a few 6+ MBytes/Sec data to it!)

Well, the Perseus SDR, when set to its maximum sampling rate after the DDC, sends
the I and Q continuous streams (24 bit/sample each), to the PC at a rate of 2 MHz. This
means 12 MBytes/sec via a high speed USB2 port. Using one the many available SDR
programs, those 12 MBytes/sec are received, FIR and FFT are applied, demodulation
algorithms are used, and there are no glitches in the final audio...  if even a single sample
would be lost, you would ear immediately the artifact....

Windows is not as bad as somebody would depict it... :-)

73  Alberto  I2PHD