[time-nuts] Symmetricom TimeGPS-LLR / X72 Rubidium

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Fri Mar 29 11:38:33 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've got a Symmetricom TimeGPS-LLR module which appears to be a cool toy.
Inside I found a X72 rubidium oscillator. The module has a 2006 date
code and appears to be brand new.
The Rb is also 2006 date-coded and should have the 1 PPS capability.

It also came with the control software and a manual that, even though it
does not cover every detail, answers most of the questions.

This particular unit has a 1 PPS and three dual 2048 kHz outputs, plus
two re-timing in/outputs.
Aside of the RS232 control interface, there is also an Ethernet
connector for remote monitoring.

As by the manual, the module was available with the following output
frequency options: 2048 kHz, 1544 kHz, 10 MHz, 5 MHz.
The way it is, at least the 1 PPS is useful for me.

I'm wondering if the output frequency can be changed (it can't be
configured with the control software).
Is anybody familiar with these units?

Adrian