[time-nuts] WWVB d-psk-r update. Seems a reasonable solution

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Mar 30 11:12:37 EDT 2013

Hi

I think it's pretty safe to say that the Vectron part mentioned is a VCXO with a crystal as the resonator. Indeed a ceramic resonator or an L/C resonator part would have a bit more drift and lower Q than a crystal based part. I would not try something like this with anything other than a crystal based part. At least as far as the commonly available stuff goes. I'm sure you could make it work with a hydrogen maser as the frequency source and a bit of DDS magic...

Bob