[time-nuts] GPS usable for weather forecasting?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Mar 30 11:20:03 EDT 2013

Hi

Ahhhh, but they did recover the code in addition to the carrier frequency.  Given enough gain (and thus directivity) they were able to capture the full transmission from a single bird. They could not pull the almanac data off of it, but the sat's orbital parameters are relatively easy to come up with.

If I remember correctly they came up with some pretty impressive timing numbers. The paper didn't mention any navigation results (gee… I wonder why…). It was the first public paper I attended that started chipping away the value of selective availability.

Bob