[time-nuts] Precise positions for GPSDOs

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Thu May 2 14:04:32 EDT 2013

Actually, wouldn't you need a satellite visible mark to use google earth? Not every marker can be seen on google earth.

Then often these markers are in places you can't use safely, such as in the middle of a road.

Note that google earth does orthorectification on the imagery. If you knew where the imagery had the least correction, that might be a place where the position data is accurate. If a tall structure looks tilted, then you know the image has had a lot of post processing.