[time-nuts] hp5065b !!!

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri May 3 13:07:44 EDT 2013

Hi

One of the unique things about the 5065 is it's great big cells. The small cell "compact" Rb's are a very different beast. There is a body of evidence suggesting that the cell size is significant for ultra low ADEV.

The basic concepts of improving signal (light intensity) and signal to noise (filtering) would apply to other units. Weather the mods give significant improvements on small cells is the open question. The compact Rb's may already be at the floor for their cell size….

Bob