[time-nuts] gpsd 1pps pulse?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon May 6 12:29:27 EDT 2013

Hi

Unless you have a holdover requirement (running without a GPS antenna for
x,xxx hours), a TBolt is major overkill for NTP. A cheap / simple / low
power GPS receiver with a pps out is plenty good enough. Save the TBolt (and
it's complicated power demands) for a place where you need it.

Depending on the exact hardware you have in your PC, 10 us may (or may not)
be to narrow. It's easy enough to hook up a TTL to RS-232 chip and try it
out.

Bob