[time-nuts] Imagery position accuracy

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon May 6 19:49:22 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Miguel Barbosa Gonçalves <m at mbg.pt> wrote:
..

> You'll have to make the driver talk to the configuration / monitoring port
> (port B) as the timing port (port A) does not accept commands.

So this does not apply to the Thunderbolt?  It only has one port.  If
it worked on all PALISADE type GPSes I'd do it.

> With this configuration I can stop using the PALISADE driver and configure
> the Acutime to send NMEA sentences and use the PPS for better accuracy.

NEMA is only used to number the seconds.  It is the PPS that does the
timing.  You don't gain accuracy with NEMA.

And interresting trick is to put two or more GPS units on the same
computer.  then use NTP to compare.  You can test out what works best
and measure the differences

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California