[time-nuts] OXCO Issues

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat May 11 14:28:14 EDT 2013

Hi

If the OCXO is putting out a solid signal, and it tunes up and down, the problem is not likely to be in the oscillator circuit. In this case, the heater / temperature control assembly is likely the issue. Most control failures melt the solder on the oven and then totally fail. In this case, it's *almost* keeping the right temperature. I'd bet on something in the feedback circuit on the control op-amp.

Bob