[time-nuts] Symmetricom TS2100-GPS - 1PPS has 10uS offset

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat May 11 15:17:53 EDT 2013

Here's some good reading you might want to check out about the PPS and different GPS modules:

http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2008-September/033475.html

I think nobody ever really bothered to fix anything since the NTP time was "good enough". Plus when all those companies got bought
out and merged managing / tweaking legacy products just wasn't a priority I guess.

The hidden "eng" menu does have some interesting stuff. I've tweaked the offset to bring time in sync with my other NTP servers,
usually around -4000 does the trick since the TS2100 doesn't use a true NTP implementation (I think it is more SNTP).

I have seen different offset settings in units, so I would think there would be *some* way to save the setting, but like you have
not found out a way to do it yet. :(

Jason