[time-nuts] OXCO Issues

Frederick Bray fwbray at mminternet.com
Sat May 11 22:23:21 EDT 2013

I have now hooked the OXCO up to a 12 volt supply that varies only 0.14
of a volt when the oven cycles.  I would like to use a stiffer supply,
but this is probably good enough to narrow down the problem. I haven't
measured the current draw yet.

While I plan to keep an eye on it for several hours, after watching it
for about 1/2 hour I am leaning towards Bob's theory of it "almost"
keeping the right temperature.  The unit doesn't get nearly as hot as
the ovens do in my GPSDOs but it may be intended to be barely warm.  I
don't know how a "good" Ovenaire behaves.

When I open it up again, I will try to take some pictures.  For those
who asked, it is a model OSC 73-25.

Thanks again for all the ideas.

Fred