[time-nuts] A Time-Nut's Worst Nightmare

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed May 15 11:29:28 EDT 2013

Ed Palmer <ed_palmer at sasktel.net> wrote:

> Part of me thinks it's cute, part of me wants to kill it.  :-)
>
> https://www.tindie.com/products/akafugu/vetinari-clock

Amusing! Reminds me of the Chronophage:

http://www.johnctaylor.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_Clock
http://fanf.livejournal.com/98545.html
http://fanf.livejournal.com/94043.html

Note that the Wikipedia article is incorrect when it says the clock is
entirely mechanical: the clock depends on a computerized regulator which
is responsible for stopping the spring from over-driving the pendulum, and
for the erratic ticking, and for keeping it in sync with MSF every five
minutes.

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.