[time-nuts] Austron 2200A investigation

Luciano Paramithiotti timeok.it at gmail.com
Sun May 19 12:40:23 EDT 2013

Yes Bob,

It's right but continuing with the troubleshooting I have found the output
wire of the DAC connected to the Lamp Monitor output of the FRS instead to
the pin 2 as have to be. This is not a fault but a wrong connection.
Difficult to explain also because the pin of the frquency control was
unsoldered.

I have restored the logical connection and the PLL works correctly. I have
found the Interface schematic thanks KO4BB's Manuals Repository. The
Austron 2200A is very similar to the 2201 model.

Actually the output frequency is +/- 5E-12 compared with a Z3016 (12 hours
of rubidium warmup). The 1 PPS alarm goes up randomly  if I set the limit
under 1uS. Is not clear how it work.

My Austron 2200A isn't year 2K compatible. Firmware update available?

Ha ve some one experience with the settings to share?

Thanks all
Luciano,

Timeok

visit: www.timeok.it
On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 2:48 PM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just because it's old does not mean it was retired in working condition.
> It's not at all uncommon for small parts to magically get swapped from here
> and there onto the box that's about to be retired ….
> Bob
>
> On May 19, 2013, at 4:13 AM, Luciano Paramithiotti <timeok.it at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an Austron 2200A with FRS rubidium option. After 30 min. powerup
> and
> > locking, PPS and Freq alarm goes up. The receiver position and the FRS
>  are
> > ok. Looking the Rubidium and controller connection cable, I have seen the
> > pin 8 (frequency control)of the rubidium is never been connected. The
> > question are:
> >
> > 1) how the PLL can happen?  Cannot ! Different operation?
> > 2) some one have the interface's schematic p.n. 10312676 "Osc cntl freq
> > cntr" ?
> >
> > thank you,
> > --
> > Luciano