[time-nuts] Distribution amps for Thunderbolt

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 12:21:21 EDT 2013

These are handy little boxes for the money. Unfortunately the outputs are
not isolated from each other (galvanically and signal-wise) so be mindful
that if you connect/disconnect one port, the adjacent port will be
affected. Unless you need to, it is probably best to wire all 3 inputs in
parallel (with a single 50 ohm termination) and use only one output from
each buffer. That still gives you 3 or 4 channels with reasonable
isolation. The next step would be to replace the output BNCs with
plastic-body types and install isolation transformers for full galvanic
isolation (no ground loops).

Didier