[time-nuts] OCXO shock protection

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun May 19 23:03:35 EDT 2013

sandeenpa at yahoo.com said:
> My question if for people who live in that area is do you need to do
> additional shock mounting for OCXO’s because of the ongoing, usually minor,
>  earth tremors that take place?

I wouldn't worry about it.  If you have gear you are concerned about, a bit
of foam between the gear and shelf might help.

What you do need to pay attention to is that stuff doesn't fall over.  You
bolt things like bookcases to the wall.

The USGS and various local government organizations put together a good
booklet:
  Putting Down Roots in Earthquake Country
  http://earthquake.usgs.gov/prepare/

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.