[time-nuts] Good (cheap) PIC chip choice for project?

ken johnson bats059 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 04:57:16 EDT 2013

John, for guys like us who grew up with basic, there is an excellent
(compiled) pic basic from

http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/

I had a look at c, but decided at my time of life I wanted to produce
working projects not learn new (cryptic to me) languages so I stuck with
what I was comfortable with.

As others have already said, occasionally you may need a tight bit of
assembler for critical things but otherwise the high-level languages are
the way to go.

Ken, vk7krj
www.vk7krj.com