[time-nuts] Looking for datasheet for Oscilloquartz 8602

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue May 28 00:57:02 EDT 2013

Moin,

On Sun, 26 May 2013 18:15:22 +0200
Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> The OSA 8602 is a variant of the OSA 8600 and 8601. These variants is
> mainly on the connection on the "front".
>
> I don't have a 8602 datasheet as such, but I have some 8602 related
> specs as found in the extended OSA 3000 manual.
>
> It is essentially the same AT-cut oscillator that you can expect from
> the 8600 base.

Hmm.. IIRC AT cut oscillators have the "problem" of frequency jumps
on slight temperature changes. Using an AT cut oscillator thus kind
of defeats the effort of doing a BVA.

> What information are you really seeking?

What such an oscillator would be worth :-)
You might be aware that there is one 8602 on sale on ebay for 4500USD.
I asked Oscilloquartz about that and from what i gathered, it's definitly
not worth that money. For slightly more you can get a new 8607 already.
The 8602 worth is probably around 150 to 200USD.

			Attila Kinali

--
The people on 4chan are like brilliant psychologists
who also happen to be insane and gross.