[time-nuts] 8566B with Ovenaire 10Mhz oven.

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed May 29 10:37:46 EDT 2013

Good Day Ed,

Yes, I installed the missing little BNC jumper and set the switch to internal reference.
As I mentioned before I am not too keen on disturbing the innards of these due to cal reasons. I mean 22GHz is way up there..
So, nope, I left that sucker in there until I get room on my bench to collect further information from counter etc.
I left it powered up on the kitchen table for a good 30 minutes.

I am learning patience from you Ed, you know ;)

I could, I supposed dragged a counter up to check the O/P but from the YTO and REF UNL messages and the fact the OCXO was dead cold I am reasonably sure the ovens the problem.

But that's an interesting titbit of information to hold onto.

My 3585 is like that too, Unlocked messages until it warms up.
Unless you leave it plugged in, it must keep the oven warm while on standby.
I wonder if this is the case for the 8566 too?

-marki