[time-nuts] The 5MHz Sweet Spot

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Nov 3 07:33:29 EST 2013

Hi Tom,

On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 16:06:06 -0600
Tom Knox <actast at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Our house standard F1 a cesium fountain is used roughly one month every
> few months to characterize roughly 12 5071A cesium standards steering
> about 5 MHM 2010 cleaned up with a number of 8607 option 08 oscillator.

What is the reason that the F1 isn't running continously?
I can understand the use of 12 Cs-beams for averaging, but i would
have thought that you would run your most accurate clock in parallel
as well.

Is there a publication that explains your setup and why you've done
it this way and not another?

			Attila Kinali

--
1.) Write everything down.