[time-nuts] Computing GPS Distance Error in Time

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Sun Nov 3 22:51:59 EST 2013

I'm experimenting with an Adafruit receiver (MTK3339) and I'd like to be able to compute the time error delta between each reported position.  I can guess it's a vector difference between each two successive points converted to ns, but beyond that, I don't know what to do.  IOW, I need to know the time error as the thing reports it's wandering around the block.  Is the error only related to east and west movement, or does the north/south component play a role, too?

Bob - AE6RV