[time-nuts] linux-gpib working on a RasPI

Prologix support at prologix.biz
Tue Nov 12 01:52:44 EST 2013

Prologix Ethernet controller supports only one client connection. A second
connection will disconnect the first one. Make sense, since a GPIB bus can
have only one (active) controller. Currently, the controller does not allow
a client to lock it exclusively, since that opens up the issue of orphaned
locks due to crashed clients, and so on. One solution is to develop a piece
of host software (a controller "server", if you will) that acts as the
(only) client to the controller, and to which the various test programs then
connect. This software can arbitrate access to the controller. For further
help, please contact us off-list.

Regards,
Prologix