[time-nuts] Maxim DS1342

Russ Ramirez russ.ramirez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 12:22:35 EST 2013

Thanks for the input all, I think the target market for what I have in mind
is hobbyist more than time nut. I also believe the Sparkfun product I
originally pointed to is an example of a mass market offering that is 'good
enough' for almost anyone. There is a small niche of those wanting to use
the GPSDO they already have, and know they can use one of several types of
coded solutions to make a clock. These would be weekend hackers that may,
or may not, care that the displayed result is within x parts per billion or
trillion, i.e. just a thing to solder-up on a weekend, steal some code to
use it and drive a display of some type, and possibly come up with a use
for it I never thought of, which is a cool thing.

My main concern was that someone had something like this already, since
this group has it's eyes on everything in this space I thought if anyone
knew, they'd be on this list. It is a project that is worth doing for my
own reasons.

Russ