[time-nuts] Loran

Dennis Ferguson dennis.c.ferguson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 23:33:01 EST 2013

On 15 Nov, 2013, at 19:12 , Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:
> We probably could agree on Seneca NY since that’s about equal distance to the pair of us.
>
> Does anybody know the proposed ERP on the new system? Some of the master’s on the China chains are pretty high power if I remember correctly.

This powerpoint presentation

    http://www.tinyurl.com/l2humtb

says the NL40 transmitter they just bought is 300 kW.

I thought a lot of the Asian chains, including China, used
Megapulse equipment like the US.  I think Megapulse did use
to say their transmitters were multi-Megawatt, but I can't
check that since

    http://www.megapulse.com

now goes someplace else.

I wonder whether the last bit means that Megapulse is now out
of the transmitter business for good, or if Ursanav's infatuation
for the Nautel transmitters is just a passing fancy while they
complete their vertically integrated monopoly.

Dennis Ferguson