[time-nuts] Mains frequency (Tom Van Baak)

Bill Dailey docdailey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 11:28:06 EST 2013

Agree.  Luckily, I am good at what I do for a living.  If this type stuff
was my job I suspect I would either be out of work or paid very poorly.
 Electronics and time are very taxing on my brain.. which is why I play
with them.  I specifically avoided these things as a career path because
they were very foreign to me.  Now, I am at a point where I want to attack
those things because they challenge me.  Also, they allow me to develop my
skills at programming; which is my first technical love.

bill

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Bob Stewart <bob at evoria.net> wrote:

> John says:
>
> "However I would most humbly point out that the cost of software is not
> zero if the time-nutter places any value on his or her time."
> Might I point out that the needs and goals of the hobbyist and the
> professional are often at odds?  The professional needs a solution.  The
> hobbyist needs a hobby.  It's not that the hobbyist's time is worth
> nothing.  In fact, the hobbyist's time pursuing his endeavor is worth
> everything.  It's the whole point of doing it in the first place.  I
> suspect that that's where the OP is at in his project to measure mains
> frequency.
>
> Bob - AE6RV

Doc

Bill Dailey