[time-nuts] EZGPIB Question

Don@True-Cal truecalservices at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 11:00:04 EST 2013

Hello All,

I recently added a second NI GPIB-ENET/100 to my instrumentation lab. This
addition was a better approach than extending a single GPIB bus into two
separate lab areas separated by ~30-feet. This new setup is working well but
however gives me two GPIB bus "segments" named GPIB0::xx and GPIB1::xx. I
have always just been able to address the simple GPIB device address xx in
EZGPIB code like:
const HP3458=24;
            SR620=16;

Now these two devices are on different segments and have the names GPIB0::16
and GPIB1::24. I can talk to any device on the GPIB0 segment by just using
the simple device address as always, but what code syntax do I have to add
to address devices on the GPIB1 segment. I have not been successful finding
any reference to this GPIB addressing issue.

Thanks...
Don