[time-nuts] DIY QFH

quartz55 quartz55 at hughes.net
Tue Nov 26 11:37:10 EST 2013

I've been playing around making antennas, the first QFH worked OK, but need to do some A/B testing with the PCTEL. Now I was thinking why does the QFH have those straight spots at the top and bottom, and I've seen some that were more like twisted loops.  So I tried this one. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/DogTi/time/qfhloop_zps26c9038d.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/DogTi/time/qfhloop1_zps266cb828.jpg
But I haven't put the amp on it yet, so haven't tried it.

Is anyone capable of plotting the eznec or whatever to do a pattern trace on the 2 different type of QFH I have made?  Or is there anywhere I can get it done?  I have the eznec, but have not done much with it and it appears to have a steep learning curve as far as designing your own.

Does anyone know what is inside the commercial units, like the PCTEL GPS-TMG-HR-26N I have?

Dave
N3DT