[time-nuts] exponential+linear fit

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 5 10:52:12 EDT 2013

On 10/5/13 3:44 AM, Magnus Danielson wrote:
>> And I want to do it quickly on a slow processor.
> ... and a simple high-pass filter won't do it for you?

I suppose so..I'll have to fool with that.
A high pass filter would definitely take out the DC and linear terms,
but I'm not so sure about the exponential transient.

(OTOH, as I look at more of the data, maybe I just lop off the first
chunk of data with some empirical knowledge)

> Can you store all samples in memory and iterate over them?

Yes.. it can be acausal.

It's sort of like looking at frequency or ADEV data, removing the aging,
and trying to see the fluctuations due to room temperature variation.