[time-nuts] Trimble TB replacement options???

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Oct 12 13:01:38 EDT 2013

wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org said:
> Very tempting.  I just ordered 100 and 1000MHz VCXOs from Fox  Electronics,
> with the intent of locking them to my GPSDO.

Do you have part numbers?  Just curious.

wb4gcs at wb4gcs.org said:
> A DIY GPSDO would be WONDERFUL!  Already have a couple of Jupiter GPS
> boards with 1pps output....

When I've thought about that, the hard part seems to be the D/A to drive the
oscillator.  There is a tangled tradeoff between resolution and range.  You
can get better resolution if you are willing to sacrifice range.  That might
be acceptable for DIY.  It means you will have to fiddle/adjust occasionally
as your crystal ages.  The high parts of the D/A process become manual.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.