[time-nuts] HP 4193A 4815A probe compatibility?

Richard Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Oct 17 15:38:36 EDT 2013

On 2013-10-17 08:34, paul swed wrote:

> However homebrewing replacements is of interest.
> My experience is with the HP power meters. I have a number of working
> units. But darned if the meters no probes or cables show up for a few
> dollars at fleas. So last fall I built home brew bolometers. By god
> they

This is similar to my previous comment about the vector impedance meter
market.  At flea markets, it seems paradoxically like a cable is worth
more than a power sensor which in turn is worth more than a power meter.
The opposite order of the original list prices.
These days, you can buy a decent power detector chip from Analog Devices
(possibly on an evaluation board) and maybe you don't need a power
meter.
If you are below 80 MHz, Linear Technologies makes a thermal power meter
on a chip.

Rick Karlquist N6RK