[time-nuts] NTP REFCLOCK for a Jackson Fury??

Paul tic-toc at bodosom.net
Fri Oct 18 10:57:07 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Chris Albertson
<albertson.chris at gmail.com>wrote:

> Details like this about NTP ref clocks are best posted to the NTP list.
>  The true experts live there

I would suggest that's not the best choice (been there, done that).  If
you're looking at a controller managed GPSDO you've moved well past the
typical mass-market (e.g. MTK) GPS+PPS module and are presumably interested
in more than just the Void flag.

In general the NTP folks stop caring a bit before 10e-3 and see no real
point in having constellation of local stratum-1 clocks.  Naturally there
are exceptions and they're probably all on this list.

I think this is the best place to talk about the GPSDO big picture.